April 3, 2011

I Miss My Childhood

Hi everyone! So recently I've been procrastinating on YouTube rather than working on an assignment :(. I don't know how, but yesterday I stumbled on Sleeping Beauty's "Once Upon a Dream," maybe because that night I attended my BF's strings ensemble performance at our school and they performed a song by Tchaikovsky (I ended up searching for it; it just so happens that he composed the Sleeping Beauty Waltz). Anywho, it just made me want to rewatch the movie since I haven't seen it in the longest time! Her voice is just so pretty :D


You can't tell me that this doesn't make you miss your childhood!

A day has passed, I'm now at a friend's place and I just had to show her the video! We ended up watching most of the classical Disney songs. It made me miss my childhood even more! Watching them just made me have a weird feeling.. but a good weird. I don't know how to describe it.. just watch it and maybe you'll understand how I felt/feel!

Here's another! :D


This reminds me, I'm SO SUPER EXCITED to watch the Lion Kin musical! It's coming up this June. I remember watching the musical when I was younger; I was in love.

9 comments:

  1. wow wth kimchi. I just wasted what I thought would only be 10 mins but really 1 hour reminiscing disney scenes on youtube and then their related videos on the right hand side. OMG WHY DO I KEEP DOING THAT? but s'all cool, I can't believe I still like cartoons LOL :D

    AND HI 5!! I LOVE LION KING AS WELL!!! My favourite is yeah probably circle of life and can you feel the love tonight. Best songs ever hands down.

    I'm also extremely extremely extremely jealous that you are watching the lion king musical. It actually did come to Sydney about 6 years ago but I missed it because my parents thought I was too immature for it so they went to watch it themselves. tsch. :'(

    but meh, since I'm a music student at school, I actually have to watch a broadway musical each year as part of the course so it makes up for it x) I ended up watching Wicked last year and it was just too awesome. I really hope you lurrrveee the lion king musical!!!

    P.S. 6 years ago when lion king came to sydney, maccas also had their soft toys as promotions in their happy meals and yes. I collected every single one of them. As you can tell, I had a fat childhood. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know! That happened to me too LOL.. and the day after D: cartoons are awesome! I watch pokemon with my bf in the morning; they're still so fun to watch. *High 5!* Lion King IS pretty awesome! I was singing the Sleeping Beauty song all weekend in my "attempt at an opera-ish sounding" voice that the voice actress for Aurora has :( she sounds so pretty!

    Aww LOL that's kind of sad :( Maybe I'll come to Sydney again! You should watch the trailer for the Lion King musical, it's pretty epic looking! But you're still lucky that you get to see musicals every year :( The last time I saw a musical would probably be about 10 years or so ago. I probably will love it! :D Since I already saw it hahaha, I'm sure I can watch it again and again. Disney classics can never get annoying to rewatch, maybe the ones I didn't like that much.. but still! :D HMM.. maccas as in McDonalds? LOL :P. If so, I don't remember them having any Lion King toys :( then again I forgot parts of my childhood. And I thought I had a good memory too D: sadness! LOL I used to eat their nuggets every nugget day :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwww hunnn
    you've started to make me miss my childhood..:(
    even though i've never really liked sleeping beauty..yes, i always thought aurora was the prettiest BUTT the scene where the witch possesses her with the green lights still frightens me until this day LOL
    and be sure to take pics on the Lion King concert!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah so sad D: LOL I don't think it ever frightened me that much.. maybe because I wasn't THAT into it or my attention was elsewhere o.0 But I totally want to rewatch it now! Of course I'll take pics! :D I'm writing a lab report D: so sad, SIGHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha watching Disney movies is a guilty pleasure of mine. You can never be too old to watch Disney films :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friends are such Disney (NOT DISNEY CHANNEL) nerds &we are like, 20. XD Thank you for this treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually don't know any sleeping beauty songs... but I am known for randomly humming beauty and the beast x) wow you ate their nuggets everyday.. lucky bum! my dad would only buy me happy meals and never the nuggets/cookies (I still don't know why) and yess!! maccas = mcdonalds, i didn't know that saying maccas was an australian thing x) ooh maybe you can start saying that in the us and everyone will start copying you and then that saying will spread like wildfire. .. .. .... .or not. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rinny Definitely! :D

    @Terasauras haha no worries! I'm almost 20 myself ;D You're never too old to watch Disney movies harhar. Lately I've been wanting to rewatch the Disney classics! :D I've already rewatched Sleeping Beauty a couple of days ago :) NP!

    @msfob LMAO the end of your post made me laugh hahaha :P We say MickeyDees here (I don't know how you would spell it out, but it's pronounced that way) :D Ever since I rewatched the Sleeping Beauty's "Once Upon a Dream" song on youtube, I've been singing it so much. It kind of toned down now :P But yeah! Maybe because it was in the smallest proportion and he didn't want you to eat a lot of unhealthy food :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wah Disney movies! Im a huge Disney fan and you're right, there's nothing liek revisiting your childhood by watching Disney movies! =D Im trying to collect them on Blue-ray but they're soooo expensive lol or am I just cheap? I sometimes youtube disney songs too =P I even listen to them in different langauges, Italian is one of my favs!

    o0o0o0o0o The Lion King Musical! It came to my city, Vancouver, last summer and I watched it!!! It was amazing but I didn't like how the first 15rows were VIP seats and costed a LOT! I still bought it but I wish it wasn't so pricey, but the ticket included the program and a small gift =) It's definitely for all ages! Tell me if it's any different from when you were younger!!!

    Another random note: Im trying to go to all the Disney parks around the world!!! Im almost finished and I can't wait for the one in Shanghai to finish building! =D loving your blog btw! <3

    ReplyDelete