March 2, 2011

Long Overdue Rock and Republic Hautelook Haul

Hello there! I was finally able to take some swatches of my purchases from the R&R Hautelook sale quite some time ago. I believe I received the package about 2-3 weeks ago. The items I purchased include Saturate Eyecolour in Diffused and Snakeskin, Contrived Pressed Blush in Immoral, Exhibition Pressed Powder in Satin, and finally an Angled Eyeliner Brush (No 205). I don't have any pictures of the brush at the moment because it was sent separately from the others (I will post pictures of the brush later).

As many of you may know by now, the products come packaged in a sturdy black container which houses the products quite nicely. The eyeshadows, blushes and pressed powder come in what appears to be a metal casing, however, I believe it's just a shiny plastic (I put a magnet against the case; it didn't stick). Another feature of the case that holds the product is that it comes with a magnetic closure. I believe the strength of the closure varies from product to product; only one of my eyeshadows had a weak hold, the rest were fine. The texture of the shadow and pressed powder were very soft/smooth, I found the blush was the least soft (maybe it's just my blush). Anywho! Without further ado, here are the swatches:


Casing of R&R Products


Blush in Immoral, Pressed powder in Satin, Eyeshadows in Diffused and Snakeskin


Arm with no swatches


Diffused, Snakeskin, Immoral, and Satin swatches under natural light


A bit of a farther view under natural light? (LOL)


Diffused, Snakeskin and Immoral adjacent to eachother
Satin perpendicular (above) to the other swatches (Photo taken a different day under indoor lighting)

Hope you enjoyed!

9 comments:

  1. Nice haul and thanks for the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and you're welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! My bff got Immoral, and honestly I still don't know how anyone can wear the color because it's so orange. It actually looks quite nice in the photo with natural light though - it looks almost a bit pinkish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I know :) Sometimes it looks pink to me in certain lighting, which I find rather strange o.0 But I bought it because many people said it's a nice corally colour and that it doesn't look too bad with a light hand. Haven't tried it yet, but I will let you know if I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh you were so lucky to grab some on HL! i woke up so early and they were all on hold by the time i got to the site! haha im waiting til next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww that's a shame :( Did you wake up right when the sale started or a little bit after? I want to get more blushes! :D and possibly another face powder. They were so cheaper on the last HL sale! This was from the second last one though. Immoral was the last blush left so I bought it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, thank you for the follow :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kimchi. I'm a new follower. :D
    I love the eyeshadows though. Pretty browns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oo love the colors~!


    http://hautemuze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete