February 2, 2011

Drug Store Purchases/ Sally's Beauty

Hello! Well, there is quite a deviation from now to my last post regarding my purchases from that weekend (so I figured I'd just write a new post for this haul). Sorry for the delay :( I'm getting more busy by the day. However, there is a snow day today, so my campus (and most others are) is closed! Yipppieee! So, without further ado, here are my purchases from last week - 2 weeks ago :S.



Elf Beauty Encyclopedia
Maybelline: Dream Matte Powder in Sand, Age Rewind Concealer in Light
China Glaze: Nail Polish in Fairy Dust and Pom Pom
Wet and Wild Palette in Lust,
Revlon: Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Pop and Coral Reef, Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude, Just Bitten Lipstain in Passion, Photoready Foundation in Ivory and Shell
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Airy Fairy,

I returned the dream matte powder because I bought a powder from the Hautelook R&R sale, so I figured I wouldn't need it. I am also going to return one of the foundations in shell because I wasn't sure which colour to get haha.


Quo Makeup Removing Wipes & Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
Annabelle Glitter Liner
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black
Maybelline Eyestudio Quad in Taupe Temptress

Oh man, I don't really want to go in depth about both makeup removers except that they're horrible and I wouldn't recomment them! I rarely ever use makeup (I don't wear makeup out at all and only play around with makeup at home .. which isn't often; pretty much I rarely touch it). So I guess for someone who rarely uses makeup, it must mean that the product sucks, right? As for the liquid eyeliner, I had high hopes for this after reading good reviews on MUA. However, I had a reaction to it.. which I found quite obscure because I rarely have reactions to products. It stung my eye area, which was very uncomfortable and slightly painful. The same thing happened when I tried it again the next day. It also left my lash line area dry.


It doesn't look like much, but it left such a dent in my already dented wallet :(. As I stated before, I don't wear makeup out ... I only bought it for fun/ experimental purposes. Watching people on Youtube rave about products just makes me want to buy buy buy, it's sad :( LOL.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah when I watch youtube makeup gurus I always want to buy the exact same products they mention! D: LOL
    and in reply to your comment, I'm actually a very big newb :3 but I've been practising since last yr and I'm always on photography sites reading stuff when I have spare time so it helps alot (: btw the photos I took of my school lanterns were taken with my omnia phone, but I edited them in lightroom :) I think with your photos of makeup products you might want to consider a light box, something to lessen the amount of shadows and shine a line through the box :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I realised I forgot to mention the megapixels don't really count (they just mean the size of it, my 13 megapixel digital camera is useless) yeah but you have to look at the type of lenses and their aperture + shutter speed :) unless you're producing for a billboard ad, megapixels shouldn't really be a concern :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I see, thanks for your suggestions :) I guess I will get/make a light box like you did and do some more research about cameras

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice purchases =D!! i still want to try Photoready Foundations =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I can't tell you much about them though (unfortunately). I've never put on foundation by myself before, until I used this one haha :P Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete