May 13, 2011

E.L.F Haul!


Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start off this post with a little bit of babbling! So if you just want to go straight to the haul, then just ignore this first paragraph :). Anywho, today is Friday the 13th! I didn't think much of it at midnight, but when I went to sleep.. I had a 2 nightmares with Jason from the movie Friday the 13th. Is that just some freaky coincidence, or what? I had to fight for my life and my loved ones; scariness! :( Anyway, that's all I wanted to say LOL. So without further ado, I will start talking about my E.L.F order!

I'm very sure many of you are already familiar with E.L.F, so not much is needed to be said, right? ;) I placed my order on April 12 and it took 10 days for it to be processed & shipped. The package was delivered to my cousin's house approximately 1-1.5 weeks after it was shipped. I would like to mention that I live in Canada, so for us Canadians we need to pay approximately an extra $8.00 on top of the U.S shipping; how sad :(. I didn't order too many products as I was being fairly frugal with my order, despite how relatively affordable E.L.F is compared to other companies (LOL).

I used a coupon code for free shipping, thinking I would get free shipping. However, I live in Canada so I ended up paying about $8.00 as I mentioned earlier. I didn't know where to look for coupon codes at the time, so I felt rushed to use the free shipping code that E.L.F provided (as I was pressed for time; the code was about to expire). For everyone who plans to order from E.L.F, I suggest searching for codes at www.retailmenot.com; as you will find better coupon codes there! (ie 50% off minerals/studio line).

Okay, this is too much talking! Here is what I ordered:


Cute bag the products were placed in (also came in a package)


Packaged: Luscious Lipstick in Bark, Hypershine Lipgloss in Berry Cherry, Matte Lip Colour in Natural and Tea Rose, Studio Powder Blush in Blushing Rose, Mineral Lipgloss in Daring, Wild, and Night Owl


Products again (out of packaging); LOL @ my busy town sleeping shirt for making an appearance


Swatches: Bark, Berry Cherry, Natural (heavily swatched), Natural (lightly swatched), Tea Rose (heavily swatched), Tea Rose (lightly swatched), Daring, Wild, Night Owl, Blushing Rose (heavily swatched), Blushing Rose (blended out)


Bark, Berry Cherry, Natural (heavily swatched), Natural (lightly swatched), Tea Rose (heavily swatched), Tea Rose (lightly swatched), Daring, Wild, Night Owl, Blushing Rose (heavily swatched), Blushing Rose (blended out)


Overall, for my first E.L.F order, I was content with my purchase (wasn't mind-blown, with the exception of the blush really pretty colour! (I recommend it if you like shimmery blushes and/or looking for a plummy-rose colour)). Before I end this post, here are some notes I would like to mention:

- The Luscious liquid lipstick is as pigmented as Revlon's Pink Pop depending on how you apply it (slightly opaque but still sheer)
- Application of the hypershine lipgloss is really streaky; I suggest applying it by other means (ie fingers) & pigmentation is like Revlon Pink Pop
- The mineral lipglosses started to bleed slightly (after a while)
- The matte lip colours are a little drying (because they're matte :P)
- The blush has small gold shimmers (shimmery like NARS orgasm
- Also, blushing rose is reported as a dupe for NARS Dolce Vita by Funny Face Beauty; which is the reason why I ordered it

Thank you for reading my post!

Toodle-loo Fellow Bloggers <3


p.s I'm probably not going to order from Swedish Skin for a few reasons; if you're curious ask in the comments! :D

9 comments:

  1. i can't remember the name of the elf blush that i use almost daily, but i think it's the same one you have here! (not home so i cant check) and i have almost all the elf blushes, but i do not use them at all. except for the one above. it's soo pigmented! :) great choice. i had no idea it was a nars dupe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul! Im from Canada too! So I've never ordered off elf since I don't want to pay such expensive shipping, especially when I live fairly close to the border and could just pop by the states if I really want to (and I might, these Elf products are just luring me in!!!) I know Winners also sells Elf, but they're random products and can not be relied on for stock >< I'd love to try the blush that you got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! The mineral lip glosses look really nice in the bottle but they look pretty sheer in your swatches. I was expecting a bright red gloss :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered from ELF and I hate that they take soo long to ship to Canada =[, I got 2-3 blushes but none of them are Blushing Rose =[... and I don't own Nars orgasm soo it would of been great if I ordered blushing rose just to try it out first!! =[

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blushing rose is one of my favorite ELF blushes and the most pigmented! :p
    Great haul! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. dolce vita*...... see what I mean when I say I don't have any nars? LOL and I've never tried ELF blushes before that's why this time I've ordered 3 to try but they are all in the studio line... is gleam in their studio line? or regular line?...i should look into it for future reference =] Thank!..and yeaa they take forever to ship AND you have to pay an extra fee when it arrives =[... and i have no idea wat you mean by ordering off of surveys? and soompi =S...and for the free glasses you actually get the frame AND the lenses (with or without prescriptions) just that they might suggest you getting thinner lenses if you have higher degree for example I'm -4.50 soo they suggested me to upgrade the lenses for an extra 20 something dollars and I said NO! lol and the lenses came out just fine I didn't see any differences.. I got my last pair with prescription for only $15 (for shipping only) =] hope this helps =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. o0o0o0o I wanna try the blushes out so badly now! I might have to take a trip down to the states =P I always wondered how the Toronto Zoo looks like! Is it nice? Our zoo isn't ver nice, I think that is because it's private owned and the owners are not very animal friendly =( In fact our zoo is more like a farm than a real zoo and I feel really bad for the animals there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi :) Nice blog you got there, I was wonderin if we could be friends and follow each others blogs? ^__^ Thank youuuu.~

    ReplyDelete